Why update viagra?
So why would you update ? There may be a few reasons, depending on your needs .
Newer phpFanList versions have more features. Maybe you've been waiting for some feature that would make managing your fanlist even easier (if this feature is not in phpFanList yet, you can always let us know).
Also newer versions are more secure and might have bugs fixed that are still in your version.
Updating from version 2.
Updating phpFanList from a version 2 is required a bit more work. Please follow these update instructions.
Updating from version 3.0.0 and up.
- Download the latest version from this site.
- Delete the old g_includes folder upload the new g_includes (use phpfanlist3xx.zip, not phpfanlist3xx_quick.zip).
- Upload the web_includes.
- Replace all fanlisting/clique files (join.php, update.php, admin.php, etc.).
- Don't forget to change the config.inc.php, settings need to be exactly the same as for the old version.
- When everything is installed, go to fanlisting.yoursite.com/install/. If you did everything as described, the install will ask you to update.
- After updating, delete the install directory.
- Go to the admin and change your settings if necessary. Login and password are unchanged.
When there aren't that many files changed, there might be a quick update available. To do a quick update of your fanlisting, follow the next steps:
- Make sure there is a quick update available for your version!
(A quick update only contains the changed files since the previous version)
- Upload and overwrite all files from phpfanlist3xx_quick.zip.
- Go to the admin, your login and password are unchanged.
- phpFanList will automatically update.